Choosing the right excavator for you can seem like a daunting-if not impossible-task. The fact is that excavators are very expensive pieces of heavy machinery and choosing the wrong one for you will either be a complete disaster for your budget, or-if you’re lucky!-just plain embarrassing. Luckily for us, this article will help guide you through the process from start to finish and make it as easy as possible to get an excavator that meets all of your needs.
What is an excavator?
An excavator is a large construction vehicle that is used to dig holes or trenches, or to move large objects. Excavators are also called diggers or backhoes. They have a long arm with a bucket on the end, and they are driven by a diesel engine.
There are many different types of excavators, and they come in various sizes. So, how do you know which excavator is right for you? Here are some factors to consider:
1. The size of the job: You will need to determine the size of the hole or trench that you need to dig, as well as the type of soil. Based on this information, you can narrow down the type and size of excavator that you need.
2. Your budget: Excavators can range in price from $20,000 to $200,000. Obviously, your budget will play a role in choosing the right excavator for you.
3. The terrain: If you’ll be working in a rocky area, you’ll need an excavator that can handle that type of terrain. Similarly, if you’ll be working in a wet area, you’ll need an excavator that can handle mud and watering.
4. Your excavator requirements: If you plan to use the excavator year-round, you’ll probably want a machine with a refrigeration system. This system will keep your diesel fuel cool and efficient while digging in hot weather.
5. Your fuel type: Depending on your region, you may not have access to natural gas or electricity as a power source for an excavator, so be sure to take this into consideration before making your decision.
With all these considerations taken, finding an excavator can be a bit confusing at times but thinking through these concerns will help you find the right one for the job.
Why don’t I use a leased excavator?
There are many reasons why you might not want to use a leased excavator. The most common reason is that you don’t want to be tied down to one piece of equipment. You might also feel that you could get a better deal by buying your own excavator. Whatever the reason, its important to do your research and make sure that you’re getting the best possible deal on an excavator that meets your needs.
How does the size of your business affect my decision on what machine to buy?
As a business owner, one of the most important factors to consider when choosing an excavator is the size of your business. If you have a large business, you will need a machine that can handle heavy duty projects. On the other hand, if you have a small business, you can get away with a smaller machine. There are also excavators that are designed for specific types of businesses. For example, there are machines that are designed for landscaping companies and there are machines that are designed for construction companies. You will need to decide what type of business you have before you can make a decision on what machine to buy.